Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's, I am looking for some advice on the finish & quality of the Tradtech Black Magic Riser. I have seen a few of the lower priced Samick bows come apart out here in Australia & was not sure on the build quality they give to the gear they build forTradtech. Any help would be appreciated.

Lyonel

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Joe, I assumed it would be nice to shoot but is the quality of construction & finish as good as it should be? The Cheaper Samick's I have seen let go over here all seem to be from dry glue lines. (not enough glue in the lines between laminations)

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
Hi Lyonel

Mine and the ones I've seen have been very well made

You might see a glue line but nothing that would lead to a failure

For a production riser it is very well made

The feel. Is very good and to be honest it is very good looking :)

The grip is very well done and it has a wonderful dead feel to it

You probable saw this video but it shows the riser well

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have been shooting the Black magic for a few weeks now. It is a very well made and finished riser. I have shot it with several limbs from the BF EXT, Black max Carbon Extreem, Carbon wood, Glass wood, and the Border CV. The Black magic is good and isn't lacking anywhere that I can find., I have seen custom risers that are not as well made and finished ,

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I took the plunge with ILF by buying a Pinnacle II. I did not have it long. I made the mistake of trying the Titan III. Had I not really liked the extra weight of the metal riser, I would still be shooting it. Fit and finish was excellent. I also looked at other models when I bought the Pinnacle II and each was as good as the next. I shoot with several guys that shoot the TradTechs as well. Of the five guys that regularly shoot together, two shoot Pinnacle II, two shoot Samick Sage bows, and one shoots a Bob Lee.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts