Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently run a NAP rest on my Morrison ILF bow. The little plastic finger on the end of the bolt. Dead simple, but I can't help thinking a springy rest would be good too. I am looking for a rest to shoot vanes off of. Simple, reliable and good clearance are the main concerns. Should I try something else or stick with my NAP rest?

·
Premium Member
21,220 Posts
If you are happy with the performance and accuracy, why change?
Had guys tell me they have never wore a NAP flipper out. I always carried an extra taped to my riser the couple of years I used one on my Elk rig.

·
Registered
530 Posts
If you try anything else, try the NAP Centerest Flipper. I tried a several different elevated rests (embarrassed to say how many :sick: ) including yours and the NAP Centerest Flipper. I honestly did not like any of them much largely due to having shot off the shelf from the start. Tracker1 on this site kept mentioning the NAP Flipper on and off in conversation being really very good. I decided to try it again and have not looked back. It really is an excellent little rest and very tough.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Nothing wrong with the NAP Centerest. They're just getting really expensive for replacement heads!! I have shot vanes from them (even Blazers) as long as your tune is decent and you might need to rotate the nock a little.

I haven't worn mine out, but I have created a groove since I used a fixed crawl and the downward pressure does wear the groove in. That being said I'm pretty much 100% springy which I have found to be simple and forgiving. There's a little initial set up with finding the right spring and coating it with heat shrink tubing, but after that I am very happy with them.

The NAP Centerest is what I use when I get a new bow and want to be shooting in under 5 mins.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only thing I have noticed with my NAP rest is the bottom vane will get marks on it from contact with the rest and will start to curl in. I recently raised my nock point a bit and that seemed to help. I still get good arrow flight regardless.

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Your NAP Centerest is good and you'll be hard-pressed to find a more functional hunting rest. The NAP Centerest Flipper is also a fine rest, but unfortunately, a lot of risers aren't cut far enough past center for it work well.

Another good option is an AAE T-300 rest with a short plunger.

Reactions: Sam Dunham

·
Premium Member
13,886 Posts
and the NAP Flipper II stick-on rest works great too I like them a lot with a screw in adj. strike plate or shorty plunger.
not better than, just adding it in along with the others mentioned, ALL GOOD.

·
Premium Member
21,220 Posts
Your NAP Centerest is good and you'll be hard-pressed to find a more functional hunting rest. The NAP Centerest Flipper is also a fine rest, but unfortunately, a lot of risers aren't cut far enough past center for it work well.

Another good option is an AAE T-300 rest with a short plunger.
Hope you are well brother🙏

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Doing well, Sam--thank you. Good to see you posting again.

Reactions: Sam Dunham

·
Registered
302 Posts
I prefer the NAP over the Springy, I tried both and got rid of the springy. Nothing against the springy, but the NAP is simple to adjust center shot and just plains works. With my current riser, I have gone even simpler with a Bear Weatherest. I have two Farmington Atlas risers and the Weatherest works perfect right out of the package with no building out. The Atlas is not cut way past center like some metal risers.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Springies are cheap. Try one just to scratch that itch. Although nap is bombproof I feel springy is more forgiving. I love the nap flipper plunge but it's hard to find a riser with clearance for one

1 - 15 of 15 Posts