Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(So as not to de-rail another topic...)

Who uses an adjustable strike plate? Wasn't much aware of these but apparently they're legal for IBO in trad recurve?

The adjustability of a plunger minus the cushioning. Hmmm. So you could shoot off the shelf with one of these and tune fairly easily.

Any particular models stand out?

Re-thinking...

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
All the DAS bows from three rivers

I'm setting my daughters bow up using one of Gary's adjustable springs as a side plate (without the spring )

---------------------------------------------------

Team Montana - we are coming for your quarters ;-)

·
Premium Member
12,822 Posts
Yep, but I don't shoot much in competitions.
I use the 3R adj. bolt setup; I also made a couple of my own, similarly, and I have one Mike Balmer made that is just a stud / headless bolt, and set screw to lock it in place, and the stud's head covered with a spot of leather.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
I use the Martin one and no issues with it being legal in IBO. It was far easier to adjust then filing the piece of wood it replaced. For $4 its a no brainer.

Reactions: DanaC

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I use a Flipper II on most of my bows except for the Rambo but it has a lower plunger hole. All of them use a 5/16x24 Allen bolt with the head ground thin, slightly rounded, and topped off with fuzzy Velcro.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
When I still owned DAS bows I used their adjustable side plate some (though I preferred a plunger and elevated rest) It worked. I'm kind of surprised that more "Trad" shooters don't go this route. Guess the threaded screw is too high-tech for their tastes :) LOL!

·
Back Yard Hack
757 Posts
This is my current rig, and I love it.

It is actually two brass bolts.
One strike plate & adjustment brass bolt with velcro on the end of it,
One thin cap bolt on the outside to lock it all down once adjusted.

Since this picture was take I have actually completely covered the
inside of the bolt & hole with a large piece of velcro like a standard
strike plate covering. It still works & adjusts the same as before,
but helps keep the neo trads & trad police from swallowing their
tongues as much. :D

It works great.

Rick

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Neat work, Rick. I'm thinking that two 1/2 inch or so set screws would work, turn the first one in to the desired setting, then tighten a second one in behind it to lock it in position. The brass is a nice touch, though.

Does anyone use a semi-permanent loc-tite to secure theirs?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts