Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received and already wrap & 4x4" fletched on AD Trad Lites and haven't cut yet due to questions on length. I was told to leave them @ 30" and another told me to cut @ 28". My draw is 27" and my normal cut has been 28.25" on wood/tin. Bare shafting is difficult w/ this type of carbon shaft.
Just would like a strong recommendation on where to start before I start cutting. I am shooting a Brackenbury Peerless 46# for a bow and 125 gr. head.
Thank you and good hunting.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Tune full length and see if you can live with it. When you start cutting they can get heavy due to the necessary weight up front. I always cutmk e from the front if I cut them. I lime to hunt with them

·
Back Yard Hack
746 Posts
Tune full length and see if you can live with it. When you start cutting they can get heavy due to the necessary weight up front. I always cutmk e from the front if I cut them. I lime to hunt with them
What Rusty said.

They can be a pain in the butt to bare shaft tune, so pay closer attention to your groupings than to the angles of the arrow in the target. Get them close, and then finish off your tune using broadheads, and you will be good to go.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Pardon the interruption:

>> I am shooting a Brackenbury Peerless 46#<<

Nice bow. What was your wait time?
I shot one of the prototypes a friend had and I loved it.

Sorry for the hijack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts