Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A package on the stoop.

A pair of 32# Hex 6 W shorts for the SB. A pair of Hex 5 H 32# 64" Black Douglas.

I got three boxes of graysquirrel arrows coming for the Black Douglas. Got to tune some 700 for the Bull.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Then Matt, would you put my in yours? Nice looking stuff Rusty!

Alan

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
A package on the stoop.

A pair of 32# Hex 6 W shorts for the SB. A pair of Hex 5 H 32# 64" Black Douglas.

I got three boxes of graysquirrel arrows coming for the Black Douglas. Got to tune some 700 for the Bull.
===============

Hello Rusty
Nice. I would like to shoot a Black Douglas.The contour of the riser. Looks very interesting.
I'm 78 so don't put me in your will Rusty. ha ha [ Later

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No tuning. I threw a string on and gathered some arrows (traditional style) and went to shoot. first six arrows. Hex 5H did kicked up the speed a couple of notches. First two shots left. Little stiff. I aimed off a bit a shot for a group. I think the BD has got potential for a traditional class bow. Little longer arrow and good to go.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Hex 6 W shorts will lead two lives. One as a target bow on the Bull. Two as a bacon maker on a DAS Elite. I love making bacon. :). edit :almost as much as Matt likes hounding cats

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Just looking at that bow makes me want to go out and buy Pringles, not sure why 😉
Have fun playing Rusty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Spearhead
3,347 Posts
And your using your wife's couch as a back stop.
Rusty Rusty Rusty.
I think you need to take some of our snow and wind and get your senses back.

Nice group, very nice gear.

Chad

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
'Her some that don't like Borders limbs, some don't care one way are the other, and some like them. It matters not to me actually but..

I like the look of the Mamba and Hex 6 W shorts. I found a string that braced the bow 7&5/8". I put a NAP flipper to set the arrow almost center. Got 3 Predators 3050 cut 28.5" back of point. 125gr field points. I used a high cheek bone anchor (one I have for years in ground blinds). Used my tried a true gap and shot the suckers.

Only a 12 yard group. The arrows were faster with out a doubt. at 12 yards they were just where I expected. This is why I am one of the ones that likes Borders limbs a lot. I also like the hunk of metal Mamba. With the internal weight the bow weighs 3# 10oz.

·
Premium Member
12,111 Posts
All of these setups look like pretty good rigs, Rusty

1 - 20 of 39 Posts