Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well they arrived and tried them this morning, good fit on string, I shot 1/2 a IFAA Field round and last Friday was my PB with 225, I've been sick most of March with a virus and had to wind the bow down which put arrows on the stiff side and me on the weak side my scores were around 210-215 as I was recovering strength the bow is back to correct poundage for arrow spine (I'm still building stamina/strength).

I shot 1/2 Field which was 230 which is a PB for me so on a Full round I would gain a solid 10 points, I'm at least sold on the improved scores, I was shooting slightly high on the -25y shots and think with some aim adjustment I can gain a few more points, lets see how tough they are over the next few weeks of shooting.

So far pretty good ;)

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
I've been using them for several years now...and like them; particularly in that they'll remain on the string AND the consistency in light fit. The company use to sell them 100 in a pack, now you must buy them a dozen at a time and they're much more expensive.

http://www.accunock.com

Tom

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got a dozen and used them at a 3D shoot this past weekend, I really like them. I am not good enough of a shoot to say they help me altho I did shoot better than I have in the past.
I am using them in MFX Classics and I did have two come out, recovered one lost the other.
I will continue to use them I like the concept.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Steve,

What nocks were you using before?

-Grant

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve,

What nocks were you using before?

-Grant
Easton G nocks, a problem for my short distance crawls, the sting/nock touches my cheek and sometimes at full draw the string pressure on my cheek would push the arrow off the string (only needed to happen once and then became very distracting even if it didn't happen), so I felt these new nocks a good solution for me. The other option would be to make my standard nocks a tighter fit but the Accunock seemed a better idea and worth a try.

I'm seeing my scores naturally improving, warmer weather, getting my Vanquish/Hex6 set up tweaked/tuned better and my Form is adapting/improving to the setup and Stingwalking, it's coming together very nicely at the moment.

It's all good ;)

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Steve,

I switched from G-nocks for exactly the same reason. Now I'm trying Beiter asymetricals and I really like them. I'm also going to try some Turbonocks but honestly the Beiters are amazing, especially for stringwalking. My nocking points can be closer together without trying to separate which tells me the design is working really well.
Perhaps the Accunock does something similar.

-Grant

Reactions: markliep

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Steve,

I switched from G-nocks for exactly the same reason. Now I'm trying Beiter asymetricals and I really like them. I'm also going to try some Turbonocks but honestly the Beiters are amazing, especially for stringwalking. My nocking points can be closer together without trying to separate which tells me the design is working really well.
Perhaps the Accunock does something similar.

-Grant
Easton G nocks, a problem for my short distance crawls, the sting/nock touches my cheek and sometimes at full draw the string pressure on my cheek would push the arrow off the string (only needed to happen once and then became very distracting even if it didn't happen), so I felt these new nocks a good solution for me. The other option would be to make my standard nocks a tighter fit but the Accunock seemed a better idea and worth a try.

I'm seeing my scores naturally improving, warmer weather, getting my Vanquish/Hex6 set up tweaked/tuned better and my Form is adapting/improving to the setup and Stingwalking, it's coming together very nicely at the moment.

It's all good ;)
Steve I had the same problem and swapped to the bieter nock - problem solved.

Matt

·
Registered
657 Posts
All this nock talk lately has me interested. Seems like the turbo nock is hard on the serving. I just googled this accunock. How fragile is that inner plastic piece on the accunock? Is it hard on servings? My biggest concern is how it would hold up on a 10 degree November morning.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Steve,

I have two questions for you:
1) A follow-up on your impression on the new nocks you are using; and
2) I am curious, with all that is going on in the Ukraine right now, what is the feeling in Estonia? My wife is from Moldova originally and there is generally some concern from what we can tell talking to friends there.

Thanks

Alan

·
markliep
687 Posts
Got some accunocks delivered yesterday - popped them on a few carbons & shot the others with regular nocks (all GT) at 20yds - conclusion: at my level not much difference - might be at a greater distance though for those looking for some equipment boost hope - M.

Pic: red nocks are accunocks

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
I don't know if you're a bowhunter markliep, but the fact that they literally hook on the string provides me an additional modicum of comfort when I hang my bow on a hook I screw in the tree I'm in. That alone for me is a reason for their use.

Tom

·
Registered
623 Posts
I would imagine that you can also use a thinner center serving and thinner string since you are not counting on friction to hold the arrow on the string.

·
markliep
687 Posts
TradA - think you nailed it for the advantage I see for these with what I do - other than that will probably look at longer distances differences for these once the turkey season here lets me - M.

·
Registered
267 Posts
hi Steve,
where did you get your Accunocks from?
I don't think that they are available in Germany.
This "pushing the arrow off the string with the nose"-thing is really annoying. I suffer from it, as well.
Regards,
Holger

·
Novice
158 Posts
I have been using these things for a year now and at my level of shooting, I don't think they improve my accuracy. But they don't hurt either. They fit the string consistently and loosely. They also release cleanly and evenly with never any pull on the string. They also stay on the string and don't fall off.

I have hit several with another arrow, probably a sign of consistency, and the outside plastic will break. I have never had the inside part break independently. I only have a 41 lb bow so I would not expect any material failures.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I was able to try some of the Accunocks yesterday, I love 'em. Using a light arrow like the VAP I always worry about nocks' tightness affecting release. But too loose is also a worry if the arrow falls off the string. These nocks relieve both worries, and (for the person who asked earlier) they are easy on the serving because they don't grip it like conventional nocks. They're cool looking as well. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts