Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In any of the IBO shoots, what is a good average score per target? I've been going to some local shoots and want to know what some bigger 3D shoot scores are like.

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
40 targets. Go on the iBO website, all the results from previous years are on there, it will give you an idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I need to check target distance out at these shoots. Around here they're Max 20 yards and I've been shooting about 336 on 40 targets.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Matt. There is another shoot I go to and its max is 30 yards and its 30 target. I was one of 2 trad guys there and got a 246. Good enough for 1st. They were using ASA rules.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
On about any course if it's really tough and lots of pressure like a World Championship an 8 point average is good and most likely will be in the top 3

Dewayne Martin

·
Registered
146 Posts
Although we do not shoot IBO rules here in Nevada, our 3-D courses are un marked and there is no max distance (upwards of 45-50 from the Trad stakes normally with most in the 20-30 range). 12-10-8-5 scoring. An average between 7.75 and 8.25 will get you in the top 3 at most shoots. Get above an 8.25 and the buckle is normally yours.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have only shot in 4 tournaments. The three I won I averaged 9.1 per target, they were set to 33 max. The one I came in second I shot 8.7 per targets out to 33 max. They were small shoots about 34 shooters not the pressure of a major tourney. I agree the pressure is the thing 33yds is 33yds no matter where it is. Most of the shooters were in the 6 average with only 2 others with a 7 average.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts