Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In any of the IBO shoots, what is a good average score per target? I've been going to some local shoots and want to know what some bigger 3D shoot scores are like.

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Depends on the class but at the last Trad Worlds, if you wanted top 20 in RU or Rec you needed 290+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
40 targets. Go on the iBO website, all the results from previous years are on there, it will give you an idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I need to check target distance out at these shoots. Around here they're Max 20 yards and I've been shooting about 336 on 40 targets.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Matt. There is another shoot I go to and its max is 30 yards and its 30 target. I was one of 2 trad guys there and got a 246. Good enough for 1st. They were using ASA rules.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
On about any course if it's really tough and lots of pressure like a World Championship an 8 point average is good and most likely will be in the top 3

Dewayne Martin

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Are you shooting LB or Recurve ? Trust me IBO courses are harder than most others, then add the fact you are at a World shoot ! It is very hard to ave. 8 points a target. Come join us you will love it. Cal

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm shooting a Sky hunter supreme recurve. Its [email protected] and I'm drawing 30". Cal, I want to join in. Will have to try for next year. I still need some more practice at the 30 yard range.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Although we do not shoot IBO rules here in Nevada, our 3-D courses are un marked and there is no max distance (upwards of 45-50 from the Trad stakes normally with most in the 20-30 range). 12-10-8-5 scoring. An average between 7.75 and 8.25 will get you in the top 3 at most shoots. Get above an 8.25 and the buckle is normally yours.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have only shot in 4 tournaments. The three I won I averaged 9.1 per target, they were set to 33 max. The one I came in second I shot 8.7 per targets out to 33 max. They were small shoots about 34 shooters not the pressure of a major tourney. I agree the pressure is the thing 33yds is 33yds no matter where it is. Most of the shooters were in the 6 average with only 2 others with a 7 average.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
You need to come and shoot with these guys it will make you better faster, you will also learn more things that will not be said here, only because you will be able to see and ask while its going on. Cal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts