Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i just ordered these beman centershots. Got them fletched with a 4in helical feather. When they came a noticed something...the nock was off?

The cock either points up or down...is this a problem? Should i return them immediately? Or are they still shootable?

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,511 Posts
They should shoot okay, just keep the cock fletch down. You could also try removing and replacing the nocks.

Reactions: recurve28

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Turn the nock or just shoot them as is. There is no law saying you have to have a different coloured cock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
Well, i just ordered these beman centershots. Got them fletched with a 4in helical feather. When they came a noticed something...the nock was off?

The cock either points up or down...is this a problem? Should i return them immediately? Or are they still shootable?
You can rotate the nock on these shafts to whatever orientation you choose. That's the beauty in carbon shafts. But if you decide they are factory seconds and are not worth using feel free to PM me and I'll email you a shipping label to take them off your hands.

LBL

·
8,511 Posts
I'm not familiar with those shafts but research suggests they use H nocks, like these:

That being the case, they are just pushed into the end of the hollow shaft. To 'turn them', errrr... twist them..... :)

Incidentally, the raised line on one edge is used to align with that side to the cock fletch.

·
8,511 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
The blue gizmo in the bag of nocks in Greysides' first picture is a nock installation tool that fits those particular knocks. You can turn the nocks with it. But since you probaly don't have one, you might twist the arrow while it's nocked on the bow string. If it's too tight, you might use a small nail or something similar. Or maybe pliers with a scrap of leather to protect the nock and an arrow gripper to hold the arrow while you turn the nock.

Some turn easily (maybe too easily), some don't.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts