Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a clicker on one of my lighter bows and have been working in the backyard with it and it seems to have helped in consistent draw length, expansion and release. I don't shoot 3-D with it but last weekend I shot two 30 round courses without missing an animal which is really good for me. I've never done that before. They were fun non scoring rounds and we had some really long 40-50 yards targets but I sensed I would have scored very well.

I'm sure most of the good shooters on here shoot clean rounds but was curious how most of you do to check my progress.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I check my own progress by keeping score and setting goals.
Keeping score at my club is easy due to every score ever shot being recorded so you can go back over the year and see how you've done.
On our field courses the targets and pegs never change so the measure is anyways the same.
At home I have a small course laid out over a couple of acres and I also keep score there.
My 40 yard target is also another one that never moves and it's at my point on distance so it's very good for seeing my form consistency at play.
Setting goals can just be about striving for an extra few points on each round shot or something like not dropping a single target on a round.
New training methods an tech changes can improve your over all shooting but to see it for real you need to keep and record scores.

John.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John, this event uses some targets without defined scoring rings so keeping a meaningful score is not possible. The whole event/weekend is like that, just a fun shoot. My goals are modest.....a 30 target round without missing an animal. Next goal is all vitals.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
John, this event uses some targets without defined scoring rings so keeping a meaningful score is not possible. The whole event/weekend is like that, just a fun shoot. My goals are modest.....a 30 target round without missing an animal. Next goal is all vitals.
In that case you just want to be relaxed an having fun shooting well because it's not an event you really can gauge progress from other than just knowing if you shot well within yourself. .
You will know how your shooting.

Have fun.
John.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I judge my progress by how much control I have of my shot under pressure. I was talking to John Wert at our BBTC shoot last week and he said something that hit home with me. He told me I needed to shoot FEARLESS! Well the only time I could do that was when I shot with a clicker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.