Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,112 Posts
SAM, more complicated because?
Both flat enough, both deep enough......

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Looks to me like you made a jig to hold the riser in your vice. Nothing straight/square to get ahold of without some help.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SAM, more complicated because?
Both flat enough, both deep enough......
There is no way to get a Gamemaster 2 in the milling machine other than a lot of headscratching.:shooting:

·
Premium Member
12,112 Posts
thanks Mike & Sam, I get it now.

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Just thinking here. The GM is not a cheap riser to start with and then the extra work and cost on top of that. Is there a big market for this conversion.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I do not think so Dkard. It is kind of one of those things that challenges an advanced Warfer to see if he can do it. In essence, you are beating Hoyt just a little,,lol

·
Premium Member
12,112 Posts
I like a GM II riser, had several.
I'd (probably) buy a decent GM II in the camo finish done to ILF.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Are you milling the limb pocket flat? The game aster and Dorado have a slight bow to the limb pocket. If so, does it change the limb pocket angle and draw weight?

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes..it must be flat, otherwise you would see an oval and break in the ILF raceway. Weight should be approximately the same with the exception of the 8 or so percent you can adjust up or down with ILF. If you look in the first picture in the OP you can see how much material was removed. Good day to you,,:shooting:

·
Premium Member
12,112 Posts
another good point I had missed in the thought process regarding these.
I had noticed it in the Dorader I had, but I'd missed it in the GM IIs I had.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
The owner is shooting the GM with longbow limbs,,tuning some arrows and liking it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts