Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So at 6:00 am this morning my son who has been in the Army the last 3 1/2 years came home. We grabbed a couple of my bows and went to where I used to shoot some 15 years ago to a tournament.

Well almost every target was under 15 yards and since I started gapping I had not practiced such a close shot. We came in 1st and 2nd, but most importantly we had a magical day. He must of told me me at least 4 times this is as much fun as when you took me as kid.

I came home and started shooting instinctively for anything under 20 yards and was smacking all of 6 of my arrows together.

My wife came home from work and we went for a couple of adult beverages since it's at least 60 degrees and sunny here in Indiana today.

My son his wife, and my beautiful grand daughter are coming over for dinner. I couldn't have asked for a better day. Hope all of my cyber friends had a wonderful Sunday and I'll see ya out there. John

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I know how ya feel. I got my son back from Iraq some years ago… The feeling is, well, indescribable! I'm SO proud of him, as I'm sure you are of your son.

Thank him for his service to our country, and enjoy many more of those days to come.

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.