Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never liked the first ACS bows. Not sure why just was not my cup of tea. I never tried one since the new guys took over. I had a chance to pick up a raw unfinished A&H alloy riser. It has all the holes drilled but no pins or limb bolt bosses.

I really like the CNC pattern left from milling. Not sure which way I am going with it. Might put the limbs fixtures on it and get some A&H limbs. Might have some Warf pads put on it.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Top down. Dropping a line down the center line. It is cut passed center. I plunger hole was counter sunk it is just enough room for a springy rest :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Really cool!

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really like the pattern on the belly. Asymmetrical and all

Some have said they get a lot of wrist slap from the grip. The grip does suck a lot of your hand around.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A&H had a pair of 62" 35# long bow limbs that fit the riser. He also had the two bolt inserts for the riser. I'll get some advice from Mike about the 1/4 pins.

Should not be long till it is a shooter. Larry said there are some dyes you can use that dyes the alloy in case I wanted it a color. :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Oh man!!! Dye it!!!! The pattern would be there and it would be in color! I bet it would look like a million bucks!

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The riser weighs 2# 1.5oz.

I got the threaded inserts in and cut limb bolts to fit. Got to call Mike to get the pins in. Limbs are 62" on 14" riser, 35#@28". ACS CX

I really like the way the riser feels. Love the cut on the sight window. Someone mentioned that I need to clear coat the riser to keep it from oxidizing???

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I indicated the area on the riser for a middle finger anchor you would hunt from. Hunting with a short sight I usually use a cheek bone anchor. That moves every thing down the sight window and opens up the view of the target.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts