Trad Talk Forums banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Larry, I think you would make a great spokesperson for the Trad Worlds...and Dimmer being wardrobe and makeup would make Hollywood jealous...

Seriously I plan on bringing it to the TW and doing quite a bit of shooting of the shoot downs and such.

Dewayne

·
Registered
137 Posts
Dewayne, even though I’m enjoying great success right now with string walking, your videos have piqued my interest with this technique and I would like to try it - if for nothing else, for the fun of it and for developing another weapon in my inventory. So with that said, how do you anchor? Are you using your thumb behind your jaw bone? What facial feature(s) are you referencing off? Did you drop the third finger and only releasing with two? Thanks for sharing any info.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Dewayne, even though I'm enjoying great success right now with string walking, your videos have piqued my interest with this technique and I would like to try it - if for nothing else, for the fun of it and for developing another weapon in my inventory. So with that said, how do you anchor? Are you using your thumb behind your jaw bone? What facial feature(s) are you referencing off? Did you drop the third finger and only releasing with two? Thanks for sharing any info.
Beer I simply bring my middle finger back to the corner of my mouth and my nose is tucked up under the very end tip of my feather...I don't totally drop my third finger but it has very little pressure on it once I reach anchor.

Hope this helps

Dewayne

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Thanks guys I think we will have several cameras going in Cloverdale and hopefully can get some group pics to post on here and a few other sites.

Cant wait...2 weeks!!!

Dewayne Martin

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just tried this technique and it didn't go so well. At 20y my gap was 18" not 4" like Dewayne's. I realized what the problem was. My fingers are too skinny and even with the high anchor it didn't reduce the gap much. Oh well, the good news is my string walking ain't broke :)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Thanks for those Dewayne. I'd like to get my anchor up a little higher but find it uncomfortable with no place for my thumb - what do you do with your thumb? Is it behind and under you jaw? Thanks.
To be honest Im not 100% sure I would think it would be laying on the outside of my jaw definitely not under or behind.

Dewayne

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Thanks guys I think we will have several cameras going in Cloverdale and hopefully can get some group pics to post on here and a few other sites.

Cant wait...2 weeks!!!

Dewayne Martin
I would check about cameras. One of the guys I shoot with was told no pictures. It sounds stupid, till it was explained there are yardage apps that are very accurate. It was also mentioned people shouldn't be checking email and what not on phones, cause people will text their buddy's what the yardage was at each target. Cheaters ruin everything.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Kenn, I heard that IBO changed the rules about having a camera on the course...I wasn't planning on taking it and recording pics or videos on the course but before and after along with the shoot downs,scoreboards and just the general public.

Dewayne

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Thanks for posting the videos, I am new to traditional and I tried this and liked it, felt like I was truly aiming instead of guessing, improved immediately but in fairness there was a lot of room for improvement!
Glad it helped...we've all got room for improvement...one arrow at a time.

Dewayne

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.