Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks for sharing these videos, Dwayne. Very inspirational for me. A couple of questions if you don't mind. You obviously don't string walk but anchor very high, is that called the "gun barreling" method? Do you gap to compensate for varying distances? Thanks a bunch. I may have to try emulating you.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Dewayne, even though I’m enjoying great success right now with string walking, your videos have piqued my interest with this technique and I would like to try it - if for nothing else, for the fun of it and for developing another weapon in my inventory. So with that said, how do you anchor? Are you using your thumb behind your jaw bone? What facial feature(s) are you referencing off? Did you drop the third finger and only releasing with two? Thanks for sharing any info.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just tried this technique and it didn't go so well. At 20y my gap was 18" not 4" like Dewayne's. I realized what the problem was. My fingers are too skinny and even with the high anchor it didn't reduce the gap much. Oh well, the good news is my string walking ain't broke :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.