Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow (Thursday) together with two old friends, I'll be spending the day wandering the galleries of the Royal Armories musing over a thousand years of English history. I couldn't be in more auspicious company. First I'll drive over and pick up Fred Bentley, head bowyer at Bickerstaffe Bows, then we'll drive into the historic heart of Sherwood Forest to pick up John Catley of Little John Arrows. Both chaps have international reputations for the excellence of the craft, so I'll be in good company. Should be a good day...:)

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Phil, take pictures and post PLEASE!!!!!!

Reactions: Bowcephalus

·
Premium Member
12,617 Posts
Phil, yes, looking forward to the story after the visit.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:mistake: :mistake: :mistake: .... guess which idiots forgot to take a camera.... yep .... all three of us.
The Harry Larry and Mo of the archery world strike again.

...apart from that .... the day was unbelieveable.

·
wannabe
2,160 Posts
In that case, how about some ink sketches on a lambskin parchment?

-bm.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
No cellphone with the camera? Boy! Kinda acting like the French now aren't we old chap:)

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No cellphone with the camera? Boy! Kinda acting like the French now aren't we old chap:)
oh we all had mobile phones .. the problem is, we're such useless old technophobes, none of the phones had cameras. In fact I don't even know if mine works .. I haven't switched it on for nearly a year

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,512 Posts
In fact I don't even know if mine works .. I haven't switched it on for nearly a year
You are SO lucky!!

I once yearned to have a mobile phone.

Now I yearn for when I can ditch mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts