Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What in your opinion is a tuff 600 spine arrow.I,m looking for a lite arrow,not a 10gr. per inch hunting arrow.Right now i have 650 cheetah,s.Man they are fragile.A glancing blow with the target they break.I would like to stay at or under 300gr.total arrow weight.

30-31in. long
2-3in. vanes-
screw in inserts

The cheetahs are 260gr. total

Thanks ,Bill

·
Registered
402 Posts
I bought a dozen GT Entrada 600's and they are holding up pretty darn well so far. No experience with others yet but I understand that the VAP 600's are supposed to be great.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
GT Velocity Hunter 600. Same arrow as the Entrada but $5 cheaper a dozen and they come with the lighter nocks.

-Grant

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,511 Posts
No complaints about my Easton Carbon Ones. In the past two years they've taken some knocks and clatters and they still are intact.
The fletches which haven't been changed either during that time are my secret weapon. Anyone who sees them is too busy laughing to aim straight.....

Reactions: rusty craine

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Victory VAP's.

Their nano diameter results in a very thick walled cross-section...even at far weaker spines than .600 they are still very tough stix and extremely light gpi.

I got my VAP V6's from LAS...$79.95 for a dozen bare shafts with nocks.

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Not sure the Vaps have screw in points do they Jinks? I use them with glue ins and love them but not sure about screw ins for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
607 Posts
A second for the GT Velocity 600. Very strong arrow. I stump with it and have not broken one yet. But when I say stump I mean leaves. grass clumps, but nothing hard that may damage the arrow.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have Beman classic 600s. They are tough as nails and a high quality arrow. I have 9 or 10 if you are interested. I just sold the bow they were tuned to and now need 400s. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
74 Posts
GT Ultralights, Glue in points or inserts. Very durable arrow. Several have survived misses or hard impacts into wood.

·
Dark Ninta Clan
401 Posts
GT ultralights. Been beating up the same dozen about 2 years, just bought another dozen. I tried a dozen cheetahs, and could not really tell the difference at my level. Suppose to be a micronanohairmillicentimeter thinner shaft and straighter than the ultralights, but the ultralights are much cheaper and are I believe the same GPI or pretty darn close.

·
Registered
81 Posts
In my opinion the Goldtip Velocity Hunters are a steal. They are very tough. They were the first shafts I bought when I first started shooting a recurve. Let's just say I missed the target quite a few times and never broke one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts