Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
presently shoot a 30# sage with 1535's at my 28" DL, work well once I played around with tip weight.

Now would you all think 3555 would be a good arrow shooting out off my 21"excell w/ 45 BM limbs? Was thinking of leaving them at 30" and playing with tip weights again.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Yes, they should work fine. I shoot them 30" long with 125 gr out of 45# bows at your draw.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I also shoot 30" 3555's, well recently anyway, out of my 38lb @ 27.5" draw.
My bareshafts are still kicking right (strong), I guess 3-4", but are right on with 3"/4 fletch feathers, 125gr FP. I just ordered some 145gr to see if I can get'em in line. I'm trying to follow the ACS guide as much as I can. Maybe it's my shorter DL? Any advice?
Thanks in advance,
GLH

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Gary, the 145 points will help weaken the arrow, hopefully enough. If not, put 50 gr brass inserts in them with the 145s. They won't be super fast out of that bow though.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Try your current arrows first, they may surprise you.

Reactions: garyleehughes

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I've Used them cut to 29" with 200g of weight up front, "pick your own recipe".
Shot from a 45lb longbow and a 50lb recurve at 28 1/2" draw with good results..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is shoot them out of my 40lb longbow, currently only 100 gr point weight. They fly good and are my favorite for more robust targets.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dang, these are better arrows than I thought lol. Looking forward to playing with them. For my part (not my thread) thanks to all.
GLH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts