Trad Talk Forums banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts
He's standing awfully close to the chrono...
Close is fine as long as the arrow clears the bow before it enters the chrono. To get acceleration, you need initial velocity. I would prefer to shoot two chrono's, one in front of the arrow, and one at the target. Problem is, I can't afford to replace a chrono every time I hit it.

He's shooting is crappy - of course he gets a lot of variation in speed :)

I used to buy bows from Arvid (Black Swan owner) quite a few years back when I was primarily a hunter. He was a nice guy with a lively imagination so I just listened to all the crazy stories and divided with 2 and then we came close to real life !!!!

Hard to get accurate measurement with natural light and finger draw. If the tip misses because of paradox and then hits the second window you can get some wild numbers.

He's drawing a heavy bow to 32" with a very light carbon too.

I should have taken pics of some of the readings we get when it's not working right.

Mike

I have 2 of them. Like the bowyer and his product!
Hank, now that I have my ILF to mess with, I might just send them to you for testing. They would be 2 generations older than the new limbs for what it's worth - Double Carbon, Ceramic, Foam 39# Recurve and single Carbon, Ceramic, Foam 50# Hybrid. 14" & 18" risers. Don't really care what the outcome is - they're my hunting bows.
Shot the 62" recurve yesterday after shooting the Spig Club / RCX100 ILF and marveled at how quiet, light, fast and smooth that Swan is.
Stoutstuff

Thanks Mike, I had no idea how low of gpp the xbows were shooting till you mentioned they aren't doing it at 5gpp. I had to go google and wow they are very light gpp. Even still the tac 15 crushes at 405fps with a 425gr bolt.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.