Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fletched arrows hit right where I'm aiming. Bare shafts almost miss the 3' wide target at 20yds. They fishtail knock left and hit the target far right. Bow's tiller is even.

I recently set up a warf for my father who shoots split finger. I shot it split finger to tune it and could not believe how strait the bare shafts shot. Well, now I try three under and boom, same big kick I was getting on my bow.

So, I picked my bow back up and shot laser beam bare shafts with a split finger release. Do I need negative tiller, work on my release, or something else?

What gives?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Well anything is possible of course.

As part of making the switch, split to 3 under, before getting all wigged out, sure, readdress state of tune. That and use 2 nock sets, one above and one below the arrow nock. Check that first.

A clue to "false weak" would be a loud clack, whack, or other obnoxious noise caused by the nock end of the arrow whacking the riser as it flies by. You can seriously front load the arrow with a very heavy point, hoping to drive it to the extreme weak end of teh spectrum, and see what happens.

I wouldn't immediately jump to dialing in negative tiller. Many a one piece bow originally tillered to split finger shoot perfectly fine with 3 under when state of tune is properly addressed.

And really, who DOESN'T always need a little work on their release? :)

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
OK just forget everything but the first paragraph and either go up a tad in spine or shorten those shafts a tad. Would have to be big feathers to make that much diff.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I probably should have explained that I was shooting bare shafts, fletched, and broadheads perfectly together with three under gapping. Since then I have been stringwalking and just recently brought out the bare shaft and found this fishtailing. So, could something out of tune cause this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts