Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I was wondering, for the guys who have experience with this riser, would the geometry make this riser a good candidate for ILF longbow limbs?

Any input would be great!!!

Have a great day,
Kasey

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
The 23" Revolution was one of the risers Mike used in developing the bamboo glass long bow limbs. You need a little brace height and the rig is long but for that one of the nicest long bows I have shot.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys for your input!

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
There is advice then there is other advice. Now this is a fact... do not try and run these limbs under BH of 8". The limbs are medium, the string is 57". oooppps this is a mistake the string is 64"!!!!! Please NOTE The limbs are hey stable vertically. At 7.25" there is ALOT og up and down movement of the string and the string slips the nock easily. Remember these limbs were not built to shoot 68".

This is the limbs at 8.5". Never had am issue with them at 8.5 BH at my 28" draw. Very stable very with a DFC that is at constant angle to my 28". I did not go beyond 28".

If I was going to run them on a 23" riser I would talk to Mike for advice.

This set of limbs is doing well on 23" riser at 28" draw. 8.5" BH. 5/8" NP. It is a tack driver with the wooden dowel arrow pass I cobbled together.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Please note the string length I posted is an error. the string is 64". I didn't convert centimeter to inch very well. I only have a Master in math. Guess I should have held out for PhD

Sorry

·
Premium Member
12,786 Posts
Rusty, for all the odd look of the riser (sorry) that is about the best look for a TD longbow I've seen. SMOOTH LINES.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Love it Rusty, whats your opinion of longs (70") carbon foam on a spig/rev 23" ?
I have not had an issue with any limbs so far on the riser. Even the super curves tuned in nicely. It has a reputation of being a soft riser. The 23" at 28" gives speeds at are near my stiffest risers????? I don't know what the difference in speed would be but I am not getting any detectable difference.

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
Thanks Rusty, I have been very impressed with mine with long sf elite +, 218fps and very shootable.
I have been thinking about trying my long, longbow limbs on it, now I will "go for it" just need to make a string. It should create quite a stir at the clubs and with an arrow rest it will be competition legit. ;)

·
ryan brodrick
2,136 Posts
Maybe with heavy limbs. I had 43lbs on mine and it was great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.