Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
赛
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been meaning to put this out to the braintrust for some time:
Q
Part I - Which (in your opinion) is the best available 23" barebow riser for $250 (€180) or less? Any high performance/low cost sleepers out there?

Part II - Same as above but price no object.

Regards,

Salskov

·
Registered
642 Posts
Take a look at the 23" Spig ExplorerII with barebow weights x2, it may be a good (under $400) Barebow.

Have a great day,
Kasey

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hahaha, you beat me to it Jon!

Reactions: Jon Lewis

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,511 Posts
Spigarelli Explorer. Not sure of the cost but you'd probably get a second hand one for the price you mentioned.

But only if I don't see it first. :)

Another cheap option would be a Hoyt Excel with some screw in weights.

Maybe a Hoyt ProVantage warf, although it's more a 24" riser.

Reactions: dbake

·
赛
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spigarelli Explorer.
But only if I don't see it first. :)
Sounds like we got a race on our hands . . .

Has anyone used the barebow version (I know it's only offered
In 25") of the Spig Revolution? That one seems like it might be a sleeper.

Regards,

Salskoba

·
Spearhead
3,347 Posts
Can't comment on the explorer.
But I can on the 23" best zenit, no longer made at the time but it's one hell of a riser.

I love mine

It's a short 64" quick hunting bow with shorts, or can be used as a target in a pinch with shorts, but 66" mediums and 68" longs would be one smooth forgiving target bow.

Chad

·
赛
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Can't comment on the explorer.
But I can on the 23" best zenit, no longer made at the time but it's one hell of a riser.

I love mine

It's a short 64" quick hunting bow with shorts, or can be used as a target in a pinch with shorts, but 66" mediums and 68" longs would be one smooth forgiving target bow.

Chad
I could only wish . . .

I've heard that used ones only show up on the market during years when the month of February is 30 days. And even if that happened I doubt the price would be within my reach!

:cool:

regards,

Salskov

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Yep, Zinet 23. For my draw it is near the top choice for 3D RU and IFAA RU. I got anew pair of Hex6W Shorts 32# I have been trying on a few risers.

The riser adds "feel" to a pair of limbs. The feel has a lot to do with draw weight and limb length. The 23" Zenit with my Hex6s nicely communicates with the limbs. You add a Jaeger grip and you are in the communication loop.

Rigged below bow weight is 4# 7oz. Makes a nice weight bow for 50 3D targets or 112 field shots.

It is gonna be hard to take the limbs off the Best. They work so well together. I REALLY like the feel

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have also had a 23" Zenit and it was a very nice bow. Both bows I had at the time were Italian and gun metal in color!

Have a great day,
Kasey

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
The Zinet would have been out of your first option. I put the ZT rest with the micro adjusts on it (forgot the actual name). A Spig Secure button plunger. Bstringer with 4 oz washer.

When new the Best riser ~ $500 to my door. ~ $300 worth accessories. Very adaptable riser. Wants to work for it's keep. With Olympic V bar and medium limbs it is as good as I can get at 90 meters. The micro adjustable ZT makes retuning for long range arrows very quick and back again to 3D arrows if necessary.

As you may have noticed I am a riser junkie. As a string walker I carefully test the riser, limb, string geometry for trueness. This Zinet and Hex6s are as close as I can measure to dead on.

Just a hard working, no nonsense spot on riser for my draw length and use

·
Registered
642 Posts
I suggested the explorer II because it can be had new from both alt and Lancaster, and pretty sure it is under $400 and comes with 1 barebow weight, rest and clicker... says button too, however mine didn't. I sold my Zenit to get my 23" gmx, which I promptly sent to get film dipped in predator (GREEN) and have never looked back... TOO much!

Kasey

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
Just bought a 23" sprig revolution and am shooting sf ult pro and elite + longs on it, all i can say is "ugly to some, but WOW !" I am a champagne taste on a beer budget shooter and this settup is IT for me. Riser €190 limbs €180 (ult pro's) :)

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Been meaning to put this out to the braintrust for some time:
Q
Part I - Which (in your opinion) is the best available 23" barebow riser for $250 (€180) or less? Any high performance/low cost sleepers out there?

Part II - Same as above but price no object.

Regards,

Salskov
Salskov........You could keep Your eye out for a 23" Hoyt Radian, Elan, or Nexxus....The 23" Winact from Win &Win would be another good choice, maybe...???......Jim

·
赛
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just bought a 23" sprig revolution and am shooting sf ult pro and elite + longs on it, all i can say is "ugly to some, but WOW !" I am a champagne taste on a beer budget shooter and this settup is IT for me. Riser €190 limbs €180 (ult pro's) :)
aroadik -

Question for you if you know. Spig offers their barebow version of the Revolution in 25" only, and it is heavier than the Olympic 25". That being said, does only the barebow version have a bushing to accept their barebow weights, or do the Olympics have the same bushing?

I think you know where I'm headed with this . . .

Regards,

Salskov

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
It is a good shooting riser. I have posted on it a couple of times. I have the 25" BB and 23".

·
赛
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It is agood shooting riser. I have posted on it a couple of times. I have the 25" BB and 23".
Rusty -

Maybe you can answer the question I asked of aroadik just before your post. Do the 23" Olympic and the 25" barebow have the same bushing placement for the barebow weight?

Regards,

Salskov

·
Registered
172 Posts
We shopped for a long while to get a 23" riser for Jess. We ended up with a Win&Win Inno CXT... This riser is expensive at $750-$800 ish, but i have to say it is an amazing riser. The integrated weight system is sweet and conforms to any barebow rules.. The riser is really well balanced and is the most enjoyable riser to shoot even with crappy limbs.. I may buy a 25" for me cause i love it that much

Stay away from the Hoyt exel 23" at just under $200.. Its a crooked pile of ...Most risers that dont have adjustable limb pockets are straight.. This one is far from straight.. But like anything you can learn to shoot great with a bad bow..

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Rusty -

Maybe you can answer the question I asked of aroadik just before your post. Do the 23" Olympic and the 25" barebow have the same bushing placement for the barebow weight?

Regards,

Salskov
I am at work. I'll have to measure. They both have a high and low boss. I am not sure they AR spaced the same

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Ok here is my story. Even though I see what the stats say about the risers now. 25" in oly or bare bow, 23" in oly.

I don't think it used to be that way. I order the 25" oly first. I clearly remember order my 23" 6 months later and selecting a bare bow in the 23". I weighed my 25" - 2#13oz. I weighed my 23" - 2#13oz. They weigh exactly the same to the oz. I am just sure at one time you could get the 23" in a bare bow?????

The difference is that the Olympic has some cut outs in the lower half of the out side bars and the BB did not.

On the 23" and 25" the upper and lower boss are the same distance a part. The bottom threaded hole with out the brass insert to further on the 25".

1 - 20 of 35 Posts