TradTalk Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had luck with setting up a set of longbow limbs on either a 23" or 25" ilf riser. I've tried once with a set of XL longbow limbs on a 23" riser and had no luck getting it strung. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Roy

·
Registered
229 Posts
According to Mike westvang and Rusty Craine say that LB limbs work well with their 23 inch ILF riser from Dryad. They don't work well on most long risers. It can work but you end up with a very high brace height to preload the limbs properly.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,461 Posts
Not sure if you were the person that posted about this on ArcheryTalk. I found the same trying to use a 25 inch Hoyt Gold Medalist. It was very noodly with the limbs actually inverting at normal brace heights. I think I ran the brace height up to about 11 inches to try to get it to stabilize. There was someone on one of these forums who made a video of a longbow he set up with noodly limbs and he said it shot surprisingly well. Below is a picture of my setup compared to my old Samick SLB. You can see how much larger the brace height is.

·
Premium Member
11,904 Posts
I've had my Centaurs on several 21" risers without any noodling, a 21" Rambo warf, a Black Bear warf, and my Zenit 23" riser. I can still run a brace around 7", all good.
See on my 21" Dalaa. I'll be glad to put them on my Zenit as soon as it comes back in about 2 days.

Attachments

Reactions: Locomo

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had Sky longbow limbs on a 23" Spigarelli Revolution and they worked well together. The Revolution is pretty straight, with little deflex and shallow limb pad angle. Looked cool too! (I thought I had a photo, but cant find it anywhere)

Paul

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow this thread is old and took a while to get a response lol. But I've already took the plunge and mounted a set of dryad 4g limbs on a 23" white feather lark riser and did great for a while but got tired of a huge brace height.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts