Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 21st edge last week, 70", [email protected], bamboo and carbon limbs with Micarta handle. Milton made me a fantastic bow, I love it, and he was a pleasure to deal with. My question is what kind of string are you guys using on your bows. Thanks, Todd.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,759 Posts
I was worried about the legality of the Edge when I was looking for my longbow. Then I shot the IBO WCT Tournament with a guy with an Edge. His had a beautiful curve to it that would pass any organizations traditional longbow scrutiny. It was a very nice looking bow. Good luck with it. You have a winner.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shot my first 3D tourney in 7-8 years today, IBO scoring, and shot a 254. I've been working on gap shooting and felt pretty good today after a slow start. It was 30 targets.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
I've been REALLY impressed with some of the newer, thinner 100% Dyneema material like XS2 and 8190. I tend towards fairly high strand counts and thin serving.
I haven't specifically tested on a 21st Century, but enough other R/D longbows to be confident in the performance.

-Grant

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got some Elite tapered cedars, spined at 45-47 lbs. and they are 28" long. I've been practicing my gap shooting for a couple of months with a different longbow, but the Edge is a sweet shooter.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shot my second 3D shoot in many years today and shot a 249 for 30 targets. Real slow start with 2 misses in first 15 targets. Finished with 4-11's in last 7 targets. I would say that at least 15-18 targets were at 15-20 yards, probably 4-6 were at 20-25 yards and I remember 2-3 were 10-12 yards. I misjudged a 25 yard coyote and it glanced low off of chest, and just blanked on a 17 yard hyena and missed a foot to the right. At the Tradworlds would you guys say that the targets are mixed up pretty well or are there more shots in the 20-25 yard range?

·
Registered
504 Posts
That sounds about perfect for longbow. With my Edge and 400 grain sitka spruce I'm point on at 27. If I think it's less than 20 yards I hold about 8 inches low, if I think it's more than 20 I hold 4 inches low. If it's close to max distance I'll hold right on the 11. It's been working so far.

Keep it up man, maybe we'll meet at trad worlds.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.