Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the years, I have read much about this 21" DAS Elite riser....It seems to have some sort of majick in it, almost seems like it is the holy grail of risers...So... does it?...Really?...What is it about the 21" Elite that makes folks think that it's so great?...What is the difference between the DAS 21" Elite, and the current version of the 21" DAS Elite that is available from 3 Rivers??....Enlighten me, please.....Jim

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
The das elite 21 inch riser has a built in weight that is an integral part of the riser. It is made out of a stronger aluminum that the current 21 inch das riser. It is anodized and the current one is dipped. There is no such thing as a current das 21'inch elite riser.

The das master riser is 17 inch long, made out of stronger aluminum and is also anodized. There is a hole to add different weights, and there are cutouts in the riser. The current 21 inch riser has no holes for weights, is dipped and is made out of cheaper aluminum.

There were 100 das gen l master risers
There were 400 das gen ll master risers.
There were less than 75 21 inch elites.

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
Thanks BOB.
I've not had me fingers on an ELITE, I need to stop down & irritate you sometime.
Do you have one?
I wonder if Kelly over on the big River has one?
Closer to here than your place.
I could go visit Erich, it's only 805 miles.....and he might have one.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Here's what I don't understand. From 3 Rivers' current DAS page:
Risers are machined from 6061-T6 aircraft Aluminum alloy. Designed to withstand crucial stresses with ZERO FLEX.
Granted that the Elite is made out of more expensive and more rigid FORTAL-HR aluminum, but if 6061-T6 already has zero flex, what is accomplished by using the higher grade metal? Aren't most all of the highest grade target risers currently being produced constructed of 6061-T6?

Maybe someone could post some pics of an original DAS Elite 21" riser?

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Dave, my biggest complaint with the newer das risers is that they are dipped, not anodized. We've had people who bought them and within two months the dip wore off in the finger area. Made it look cheap and crappy. But then the machining has to be better for anodizing than dipping. Dipping can cover a lot of flaws. Compound bow makers charge a boatload extra for a riser to be anodized rather than dipped

Also the newer risers are just a bit thinner. About 5/32. A grip that is snug and tight on my gen l or gen ll will not be that way on a newer one. As for the strength of the metal, yes the metal is hard and good enough for either one.

Reactions: Dave Holquist

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Thanks BOB.
I've not had me fingers on an ELITE, I need to stop down & irritate you sometime.
Do you have one?
I wonder if Kelly over on the big River has one?
Closer to here than your place.
I could go visit Erich, it's only 805 miles.....and he might have one.
You are oughta luck bub, I traded the one I had off
Rusty and Erick are the elite hoarders

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
I'm with you on the anodizing vs. dipped finish, Bob. Aesthetically, it's hard to beat a nice anodized finish.

Of the DAS Elite images I was able to Google, I did not see one that appeared to have any special provisions for weighting. What does that consist of on the original Elite?

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts

The selection of the alloy indicates the level of thought and planning that went the riser. No compromise. One clever fellows' concept of "THE" riser

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
rusty, I see the massive bulge in the lower end of the riser and a hole for the lanyard but what provision is there for special weighting? Or is the special weighting the bulge itself?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm a little confused about the Daas riser. Can someone please enlighten me? Does 3 Rivers have an ownership interest into Daas? Has the quality of Daas risers decreased?

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
rusty, I see the massive bulge in the lower end of the riser and a hole for the lanyard but what provision is there for special weighting? Or is the special weighting the bulge itself?
There is a stabilizer boss. The tattooed feet were not included in the package

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I'm a little confused about the Daas riser. Can someone please enlighten me? Does 3 Rivers have an ownership interest into Daas? Has the quality of Daas risers decreased?
3rivers purchased the das concept and rights from the developer/inventor, David Sosa

Dave that bulge is the built in weight, and you can add more if you want via the stabilizer mount.

Rusty, do your feet "match" her's? :)

Reactions: Dave Holquist

·
Registered
152 Posts
With the 3 rivers acquisition, is it safe to assume the research and future development of the Das riser (say a 25" riser) is dead in the water? Are price points limiting further development?

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
With the 3 rivers acquisition, is it safe to assume the research and future development of the Das riser (say a 25" riser) is dead in the water? Are price points limiting further development?
Never say never, but I would guess if anything is developed, it would be a 19. 3 rivers added a 15 incher they got a bowyer to develop since they acquired das from Sosa

·
Registered
152 Posts
GreySquirrel,

Thanks for illuminating me regarding DAS risers. Is David Sosa making any other risers or does he have plans to make others?

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Shotkiser, what Sosa is doing is a long private story. He is no longer in the archery business

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Never say never, but I would guess if anything is developed, it would be a 19. 3 rivers added a 15 incher they got a bowyer to develop since they acquired das from Sosa
Not Das related, but to add to your comment, I believe 3r bought the 15" from Sky archery.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts