Trad Talk Forums banner

2019 Lancaster classic

5K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  kenn1320 
#1 ·
I received an email today. Registration is now open for the 2019 Classic. I probably won’t go, but I’m sure it will be exciting to watch.

#2 ·
Indeed it will. I see the top barebow shooter will get $6,000.00 this year--WOW.

Barebow - 1st $6,000, 2nd $2,500, 3rd $1,500, 4th $750, 5th thru 8th $300, 9th thru 16th $200, 17th thru 32nd $150; Plus, LAS CLassic Barebow trophies for the top three finishers
In addition, the top three women in the LAS Classic Barebow division, based on Friday's qualification scores will receive:
1st $750, 2nd $250, 3rd $150; Plus, LAS Classic Barebow trophies.

#3 · (Edited)
That is THE shoot I want to go to. However the fact that Vegas has a WA Barebow Division (even if it is still in Flights) also makes Vegas a great shoot to attend too which I’m also signed up for.

I was just on registration for Lancaster, and they have options for 4pm line times. Registered now for that time.

@Demmer: Hah! So they DO make concessions for West Coasties! :p

#5 ·
2019 Lancaster Barebow Classic

There are now sixty-one competitors signed up for the barebow division of the Lancaster Archery Classic aka the Lancaster Barebow Classic. I went to this for the first time last year, and it was awesome. If you are new to barebow and thinking about a entering a tournament, this is a great place to start.

#12 ·
Guys it's a must attend event. It's a good time, not just about winning. You will meet lots of great people and their equipment is all different. Yes most shoot the heavy typical ilf barebow, but I saw some longbows and 1pc recurves. It's an experience to attend such a big event.

#15 ·
I'm sure it will grow even more. I don't see Bobby Worthington and Dewayne Martin on the list yet.

**Anyone from Lancaster reading this** Would it be possible to show the elimination matches of the top 32 on stream? Or maybe even record them and put them up on Youtube sometime later?

#24 · (Edited)
204 entrants as of today. There are lots of international barebow superstars coming to compete, it's going to be an amazing show. Simon Fairweather, 2000 Olympic gold medalist has been string walking for a month according to his facebook and he will be competing at Lancaster and Vegas. I'm very curious to see how he does and how easily an olympic recurve champion transfers to barebow.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/OlympicArcherSimonFairweather/posts/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.