Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's going and what are you shooting?

I am planning on attending (wife and job willing). I'll be shooting in the Recurve division. I will shoot either my 21" Dalaa with Hex-6 limbs or my TDX-15 with Samick Extreme BF's.

I am really excited to make it out to this event. Thanks to IBO for putting this thing together for us West Coast Archers!

Cheers,

Chris Jasmine

·
Registered
623 Posts
I went last year and would not dream of missing it this year.

I'll be shooting RU. Probably string walking my spig BB with Uukha limbs.

My daughter Elisabeth will be shooting cub.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Shooting the bull and wishin I was there!!

PS not the Stolid Bull!!

Dewayne

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Matt,

Here in Nevada we shoot for dollar bills, might be the Nevada gambler in us... That game can get expensive or pay for gas really quick.
I'll make sure to bring some quarters...

C. Jasmine

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,516 Posts
I am hoping, but not yet certain. If so, it will be longbow. If I get my Falco longbow in time and have enough time to throw a nock locator on it and, at least figure out my point-on, I will be there. I have been shooting with my Samick SLB with little knowledge other than point-on, and unturned arrows. The new bow could not be any worse. It will just make the bad shots get to the target (or ground) quicker. And I forgot, I have to see which wood arrows that I currently have, work the best.

I would shoot RU but Matt might try to take my bow. I would not want to tease him with the Nilo that I beat him to.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree Matt!

In fact, I took a dollar off that plumber at the Maya Shoot last fall.
However, in all fairness he may have "let" me win that dollar to make me feel better about the butt whopping he put on me during the shoot!

Cheers,

C. Jasmine

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,516 Posts
I am going to need some pretty tall odds if I am going to shoot quarters with my Samick SLB against the RU folks. And I mean taller than Matt odds. Taller than me standing on Matt's shoulders odds.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This shoot is less than a week away. Hope there is a good turnout.
My hotel is booked, time off work scheduled, wife and kids approved, building a new string this morning, should be a blast.

I hope to meet a few of you out there. Don't be bashful about coming up and introducing yourself to me. I'll be shooting a black 21" Dalaa with black Hex-6 limbs, green arrows, green string and green sling.

Cheers,

Chris Jasmine

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Man I wish I would have known everything earlier I will be in Tx. this coming weekend for the Hill Country shoot. Had I planed a little better I could have maybe made both darn it. I hope there is a big turn out and that you guys and gals have a great time. Cal

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Either on the ground or traumatized and in a daze.

Rasyad

I am planning on showing up.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
I am staying at the Best Western in Patterson. When do we start whining about injured shoulders, no time to practice, suck at range estimation, new grip and the like?

Rasyad

Reactions: delta4
1 - 20 of 76 Posts