Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined here early in 2009 after 23 years away from archery.
My prior bow history was 3 fold, as a 10 year old I had a 20# glass bow.....In the late '70s, early '80s I got a Ben Pearson 45# recurve, probably 58".....Followed that closely with a junky Bear Whitetail Hunter compound.
Sold the bows in 1987, began cutting firewood all fall every year for 10 years.
AS I joined up here in 2009, I was met with genuine good cheer & help, and wow - did I need the help - and I got it in bunches, with a great spirit and camaraderie from people like Short Draw, Dave Holquist, John Conaway, SAM Dunham, Desert Archer, Wayne Stiles, and others that I will think of later.
THANKS GUYS.
Early in 2009, TRADTALK was a helping place, and I sincerely hope we can get back to there.
I remember thinking what a wonderful place this is, and reading EVERY WORD of EVERY POST, and I learned the archery game, how to set up ILF and DAS bows, all about warfs, and tuning, and all the other ins & outs going with archery.
I've bought-sold-traded with 2/3 of you, and it's been just a great learning experience for me.
I'd like to suggest that when we see posts come up that are going to be bashing, let's just take the site back.
It's our site.
I can be a moderator.
You can be a moderator.
We don't have to let people start wars on the main forum, we don't have to tolerate UNKIND verbage splattered all over our threads, we don't have to see people saying your bow stinks or your quiver is crooked or your feathers are ruffled.
BE NICE PEOPLE.
We want this to be a good memorable experience when newcomers arrive, and we don't want people to be afraid to ask for help or opinions or advice.
Someone's signature line says something like "if you can't be nice DON't SAY IT".
GREAT ADVICE, that.
BE WARNED, I will be watching, and I WILL CALL YOU OUT if you cross lines.
I'm trying to usher this site back to 2009.......and I'll need help.
Are you guys in?

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
I'm in.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Im sorry if ive been a source of trouble,

Im in...

please feel free to PM me and tell me when im being wrong and I will moderate my behaviour

·
Registered
712 Posts
Are you guys in?
Steve, it couldn't of been said better or be any more accurate. I am in.

Alan

Reactions: SierraRat

·
赛
614 Posts
Right on.

"Respect others as you would have yourself respected,
and always take care of the livestock first."

~ My Father (1919 - 2004)

Regards,

Salskov

·
Registered
805 Posts
Right on.

"Respect others as you would have yourself respected,
and always take care of the livestock first."

~ My Father (1919 - 2004)

Regards,

Salskov
Steve, did I miss something because I have rarely seen anything but gracious and good natured repartee in these threads.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Yes, of course.

Thank you

Rasyad

·
Registered
235 Posts
Count me in too Steve. I've found lots of great folks here since I joined a little over a year ago and you're one of the best.

·
Spearhead
3,342 Posts
Ok I'm in

Butt
I'm on here a LOT, I have yet to see anything really disrespectful. Granted I don't read every post tho.
Maybe I've missed something? It's still the same to me.
Great respectful people that's willing to share their knowledge and experience.

Chad

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm on here a LOT, I have yet to see anything really disrespectful. Granted I don't read every post tho.
Chad,

There have a been a couple of very contentious threads, luckily I normally miss them as well, but caught one. Bottom Line: Steve is right, we all need to remember why we are here. We learn from differing points of view but not from disrespectful talk.

By the way - I have a surprise I want to share...but you all have to wait :)

Alan

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
I'm in, but, I won't ever shy away from calling foul when guys get a kicking for disagreeing with the herd. Provided it's done courteously, everyone's view is valid and everyone's statements can be questioned.
Just as the Trad forum in AT has one subject the sends it continuously down the drain, TT has a similar issue now. Unless there is some real BS said, I try and avoid comment on those threads now, everyone knows my view anyway, I just don't think we should have ended up where guys converse via PM, text and on FB about subjects because it's not worth the grief if they comment on here.
I love this site, have made many friends here and respect most guys on here, but it really isn't the site it once was and that's a shame. We should all do as Steve says and bring it back to how it was and without the squabbling many of the guys who now stay away might come back more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep... and for any forty whiner or Denver fans.....
OK that tears it, REN's first to cross the line, SOMEONE moderate him, please?
I'm a blatant & unrepentant NINER fan, & I have been since before JOE

Reactions: rsarns

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm a blatant & unrepentant NINER fan, & I have been since before JOE
Hallelujah, God bless Joe! As for Ren, what can you do? Although it WAS a one-sided game. It is okay for me to comment though, because my team has won the Super Bowl every year.

Alan

1 - 20 of 87 Posts