Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1978 ish metal riser black widow recurve #28 @28". I have heard that you can use fast flight or equivalent from a few fellows on older bows. I had not heard of this until recently so what do you all think. The bow has five extra limb tip laminations and it is only #28. Your thoughts

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I would not. Widow will tell you their limbs were not made fast flight compatible until after 1983. That old A frame widow is a sweet shooting bow, and you cannot get new limbs for them. Stick with a good 12 strand b50 string and let that old bow live a bit longer. I have one from 1961 and 1975 still, and fast flight aint getting anywhere near them

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that was my thought but i had this guy telling me d-97 absorbs more shock than b-50 and he's been using it for years. He got downright indignant when i called him on it.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Let the dufus put d97 on HIS old bow, and by the way he is full of it on the absorbing shock thing

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My thoughts exactly. I asked him how could d97 shock limbs less than b50 if theres no stretch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts