Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a big collection of broadheads and over time have come to prefer most of all the Ozzcut style of solid 2 blade, with tanto tips and rear wing cutters. The 175gn seems to be a market hole where I have to make my own from glue-on spot-welded Tusker heads and screw in adaptors and epoxy. Good heads, just prone to curling and not easy to sharpen to razor.

A couple of my rigs are tuned perfect for 175gn on the end of a 50gn 1.25" length insert at a desired overall arrow AMO length I like and I don't want to change that recipe.

Looking for solid one-piece 2 blade 170-175gn broadheads. If you know of any to check out, I'm all ears!

· Registered
2,749 Posts
Hi Remote, I've run into that problem. As I recall I went to a 125 grain head and used some hollow inserts that I filled with lead. A royal pain.

Once I had the broadheads good I didn't have a perfect field point. These two issue sent me in the direction of 160 grain broadheads. You can get 160 grain glue on field points. Two inches of arrow deflection equals .100 of deflection. I believe I cut a 1/4 inch of arrow and started shooting 200 grains.

Sorry I can't help more.

Bowmania

1 - 7 of 7 Posts