Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have extra long ILF longbow limbs, and I am looking to mate them with a 13" riser, what recommendations do you have ?

Thanks in advance

·
j-san = Jason
1,671 Posts
I have the Sky TDX13 and Dryad Epic 13" risers. Both are are great risers. The TDX13 has AMO sight/quiver holes and twin Berger holes if you find that useful, but it lacks a front stab bushing.

I found the TDX13 to be more of a 14" riser than a true 13", and it seemed to buck the "1# increase per 1" reduction in riser length" rule of thumb. As an example, I mounted a set of W&W WinAct 40# medium limbs (rated on a 25" riser) on the TDX13 and at my 27" draw, it only registered about 44# with limb bolts in.

If you want to read about my opinions, I reviewed both risers on my blog: http://amateurarcher.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I'm in the same boat and interested in the responses as well. I have a set of extra long Morrison longbow limbs and until now I've been shooting them on a Black Bear Warf. Love the limbs and the riser but in a hunting situation that 68" is gonna only grow longer so I just bought a 15" Sky TDX, waiting for delivery.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which ILF risers are the more aggressive limb angles ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts