• Browning HP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 32.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I've carried Sig professionally and did NOT like them. I've carried Glock privately and felt they were very functional, not the best at anything but not the worst either. Unlike many I find the grip angle to work well for me.
That said I might be tempted by a different striker fired pistol in the future.

-Grant

Reactions: Sam Dunham

·
Premium Member
12,821 Posts
Mine is a revolver.
3" SW Model 60 is my vote, and what I use.
Asterisk - - I like 1911s almost as well and I only get one vote.
I reality I'd rather be like the guy in movies, reins in mouth charging in hard, with revolvers & 1911s sticking out of (almost) all places possible.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If a pistol is too heavy and too bulky a guy may not have it with him all the time. I like a "Always with you" gun.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Does my small sig 1911 remake count as both? :)

Generally have one of my sigs with me at all times, from the full sized .45!to the small 9mm. Prefer the subcompact 220 .45

Reactions: Sam Dunham

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My daily carry gun 24/7 365 is a Glock 26 in a IWB kydex holster. I carry two extra plus two mags for a total of 34 rounds. I carry a shoulder bag with a camera and a flashlight and other items for survival when I leave the house. I have a fanny pack I sometimes carry but never with a gun it ,,no way. I want my gun up against me in a holster that will not dislodge or turn my gun loose in a fight,. Hence the beauty of Kydex. I like this one from Alpha systems,,really smooth edges and fits perfectly http://www.ebay.com/itm/301319392068?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I picked the 1911 (45 ACP) in compact size, because I'm so familiar with it and it's the largest I can conceal - others don't like "hammerguns" that's fine. Second choice would be the Sig P series - P239 in 40 S&W, because it conceals completely, but is still heavy enough to control, totally reliable and ridiculously accurate then the P220 and the P229 - I have total confidence in the Sig P series. I've never warmed up to the Glock, but have seen one shooter run along with full race guns in steel competition and I was more than impressed! With that said, if all I had was a Glock, I'd be ok and way happier than if I had a Beretta 92.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is practical and light weight,,fast into action and reliable. I do not like the 3 1/2 pound triggers or polished up connectors etc. I like mine stock,,,,court gun and have found that I can shoot just as fast and accurate with the 5 1/2 pound trigger because I cut my teeth on revolvers long ago.

Caliber? I hit what I Shoot at,,,9 mickey 135 Hornady's,,double taps.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I got a chance to fondle a G42 at the store the other day. Really solves a lot of issues I have with .38acp single-stack pistols. Good trigger (standard glock), slide release, real sights and a grip long enough for medium hands.

I'm not sold on .38acp, but damn was that a convenient package. The M&P Shield is something I want to get my hands on since it's similar size.

-Grant

·
Registered
185 Posts
I got a chance to fondle a G42 at the store the other day. Really solves a lot of issues I have with .38acp single-stack pistols. Good trigger (standard glock), slide release, real sights and a grip long enough for medium hands.

I'm not sold on .38acp, but damn was that a convenient package. The M&P Shield is something I want to get my hands on since it's similar size.

-Grant
As for .380's I think the Bersa Thunder is about the most under rated small auto on the market. I like 'em so much I bought two! :D

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
My vote goes to my either of my absolute favorites, my 442 Pro Series or 640 with premium ammo plus reloads. I like revolvers in general because they go bang when I need them to. I carry the 442 when most others would be left home.

When upstate or when I feel the need, I carry a 7-shot custom tuned and ported 3" .357 with full house loads. Yikes!!!

I carry a gun for defensive purposes, and the revolver suits me just fine.

I like the simplicity of revolvers, just point and shoot.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have a kahr cm9 on me all the time. Ruger security six full length barrel where I sleep. I would like to buy a high capacity 9mm glock or xdm but archery/hunting purchases have come first.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can pick up almost any handgun and do work and do it well! I have many thousands through so many,,I shot for seven months 40 hours a week at Wilsons for seven months straight.

I had a Roadrunner appear on the burm behind the steel at 25 yards and all I could see was his long tail feathers. I had a longslide with Bomars I had just had one holeing at 15 and so I just cut his tailfeathers off,,,,,lol.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts